[Translation] Chaper 3(2) Sealed with a Kiss Novel

Sorry for my recent lack of update and neglect to this blog. I've been swamped with work and everyday life. Any free time I have got devoted to reading Da Mo Yao. Anyway, enjoy this read! And a little preview for the next translation bit: a quasi "bed" scene. Don't expect too much! It's just hinted and not even explicitly stated in the writing.

还没等我反应过来,她已经咕咚咕咚把一整杯酒都喝下去了,这下子我可不知道该怎么办才好。另一个却已经笑盈盈地说道:“难得大家这么高兴,要不莫先生和童小姐喝个双杯吧,我们两个自然是陪一杯。”

Before I even have time to react, she already gulped down the whole glass of wine. In the next instance, I just didn't' know what to do. The other young woman, in the meantime, interjected, “Since everyone is having such a wonderful time, why don’t Director Mo and Miss Tong have a “pair” drink  and we can naturally join in the toast as well.”
 这两个女人,怎么喝酒都跟喝水似的?

Those two women, how could they just drink alcohol like water?

我可进退两难了,百忙中还记得偷瞥一眼莫绍谦的脸色,我不敢指望,但我知道只要他肯眉目间稍有暗示,这些人就不会为难我了。但他却还是那副不动声色的模样,那二尤已经左一句右一句哄起我来,可怜我哪是她们的对手,稀里糊涂就已经被灌下去了好几杯。虽然是红酒,但双颊发烧,晕晕乎乎。再这么下去我真要醉了,我身子发软,胃里更难受,连手都开始发抖,终于借着酒劲,大着胆子在桌子底下轻轻拉了拉莫绍谦的衣角。

I felt trapped. Despite being beleaguered at all fronts, I still manage to take a furtive glance at Mo Shaoqian’s face. I dare not to wish too much, but I know he only has to show a subtle sign in between his eyebrows and those women would not dare to give push me further. Unfortunately, he looks completely expressionless. The two “You Sisters” indefatigably try to coax me to drink more. How could someone as pitiful as I ever be a worthy opponent against them?

 In the end, I bunglingly pour a few drinks down my throat. Even though it’s red wine, my cheeks immediately flush red with a feverish burn and my head turns tipsy. If they continue to push me to drink more, I’m going get really drunk. My body has already slowly softens in the stupor. My stomach feels even worst while my hands begin to tremble. In my intoxicated state, I finally manage to build enough courage to gently pull on Mo Shaoqian’s sleeve under the table.

莫绍谦也没有看我,也不知道是替我解围呢还是替我添乱,只闲闲地说:“你们别灌她了,她不会喝酒。”
Mo Shaoqian didn’t even look at me. I’m not even sure whether he just wanted to help out or he meant to aggravate my current predicament when he casually said, “Don’t push her. She can’t drink.”

“哟,莫先生心疼了。”一个似嗔非嗔,另一个就更是眉目传情,眼似秋波:“莫先生要是心疼,那这杯莫先生替童小姐喝了吧。”

“Oh Mr. Mo, is your heart already aching on her behalf? “ One spoke in seemingly angry tone, yet not so angry. The other young woman's expressive brows and glowing eyes seem to convey the same message.  She added, “Mr. Mo, if it distresses you, why don’t you drink on Miss Tong’s behalf?”

莫绍谦却是似笑非笑:“听听你们俩这口气,我哪还敢替她喝。”
Mo Shaoqian in a seeming smile, “Just listen at your tone of voice. I wouldn’t dare to drink on her behalf.”

席间的人都哄然大笑,好像他说得跟真的似的。
Everyone at the table roars with laughter, as if he was genuinely serious about what he just said.

我酒劲往上冲,心里却不知道为什么发冷,手也不听使唤,拿过杯子就说:“没事,我自己喝!”

Something inside me suddenly turns icy cold as I involuntarily hold the wine glass in my hand. Cruising on my drunken euphoria, I said, “I’m fine, I can drink myself!”

这下可捅了马蜂窝,那两个尤物彻底针对我了,我喝了这杯后她们拍手叫好,马上让服务生又给我斟上一杯,走马灯似的轮流灌我,连别的人也来起哄,这个说那个敬,我不知道喝了多少,反正彻底高了,还敢跟二尤叫板,端着杯子去灌她们,最后意识模糊,什么也不知道了。

These words rang like a vicious attack at hive of bees. The two “You Sisters” thoroughly targeted their attacks on me. After I gulped down one wine glass, they clapped their hands in approval and immediately let the server refill my wine glass. They took turns drowning me with drinks like the never-stopping merry-go-round. The others also joined in on the fun.
I don’t know how much I drank. I became so intoxicated that I dared to challenge the “You Sisters.” I held up my glass and urged them to drink. In the end, I lost consciousness and didn’t know anything.

稍微清醒点我已经在车上,莫绍谦的迈巴赫,这车还是我让他买的呢。当年他在宾利和迈巴赫里头拿不定主意,我说选宾利吧,其实我挺喜欢迈巴赫的,我就知道他瞧不上我的品味,所以我撺掇他买宾利。结果他还真买了迈巴赫,多好啊,多小言的车啊。悦莹一天跟我念叨三回,说小说里的男主都用这车,就她那暴发户的爹不懂得欣赏,不肯买。

When I slowly regained my consciousness, I was already in the car - Mo Shaoqian’s Maybach. I was the one who actually pressed him to buy this car. A few years ago, he was wavering between Bentley and Maybach. He couldn’t decide, so I said Bentley. Truthfully, I actually like Maybach. I knew he didn’t think highly of my taste, so I urged him to buy the Bentley. The result: he actually bought the Maybach.

It was such a romantic car. One day, Yueying even said nagged about it three times to me, saying that how all the male protagonists in novels always use this car. Unfortunately her new rich father did not understand the beauty of it and refused to buy it.

这车贵就贵在几乎全是订制,光这座椅上的真皮据说都来头不小。是从小没挨过一鞭子的小牛,剥下皮来后手工硝制,挑出纹路与颜色最无差异的,然后再精心一针一线缝制。光这个座椅就用了好几头小牛——我真对不起这些牛,我吐在了座椅上。

The exorbitant price of this car is derived from its customization. Just the genuine leather seat alone is a piece of pure craftsmanship.  Never beaten with a whip, the cattle provide the skin that undergoes the tanning process and handiwork to become the full-grain leather with the least imperfections in coloring and patterning. Then stitch by stitch, it gets flawlessly pieced together to produce this leather seat. I don’t even know how many cattle got butchered for this leather seat. I sincerely feel sorry for these cattle as I vomited on the leather seat.

莫绍谦让司机把车停下来,我蹲在路边吐啊吐啊,车也停在那里,四门大开着,司机拿着纸巾盒收拾了半天,又不知道喷了多少香水,最后我重新上车的时候,那车里全是Tiffany男用香水的味道。莫绍谦喜欢这个牌子,连车上都有一瓶,可是我闻到这个味道,只觉得又要作呕。

Mo Shaoqian had the chauffeur stopped the car. I squatted on the roadside and continued to vomit. All four doors laid wide open while the chauffeur busied himself with a box of tissues and his cleaning effort.

I don’t even how much perfume he sprayed. When I got back inside the car, all I could smell was the Tiffany’s Men Cologne.  Mo Shaoqian loves brand. He even has a spare bottle in his car. But every time I smell this fragrance, I just want to vomit some more.

终于忍到家里,我跌跌撞撞爬上楼,摸到自己房间,居然还能挣扎着洗澡,而且还没有被淹死在浴缸里,我连头发都没有吹,出来看到床我就倒了下去,像头猪一样沉沉睡去。

I finally endured till we got home. I clumsily climbed up the stairs and found my way to my bedroom. I even managed to take a bath and not drown in the bathtub. Without even blowing dry my hair, I collapsed once I saw my bed and slept away like a pig.

我睡得不好,做噩梦。梦到漆黑一片,要哭又哭不出来,全身都没了半分力气,身上像压着一块巨大的石头,又像是溺在水里,不停地往下沉,往下沉,却挣扎不了……所有的一切都离我而去,从此后永远陷在绝望的黑暗里……我连哭都没力气,一动也动不了,四肢百骸都像不再是自己的,全身都像被抽了筋,剥了皮。就像是传说里的龙女被拔了鳞——可我心里明白,这不是天谴,只是命,是我的命。怎么都挣不开。最后终于奋力睁开了眼睛,黑暗里只能看见莫绍谦的眼睛,幽暗而专注,却并不像是在凝视我,仿佛是在端详什么陌生人。

I didn’t sleep very well. I had a nightmare. I dreamt of pitch blackness and couldn’t even cry out. I completely lost control of my body and couldn’t move an inch. Something heavy as giant rock pressed down on my body, but it also felt like I was drowning in water. Just endlessly being pushed downward and downward, I couldn’t even struggle... Everything left me. I felt completely trapped in this hopeless darkness…without even the energy to cry out. I just couldn’t move. All four of my limbs didn’t seem to belong to me anymore. The muscles throughout my whole body felt strained and my body stripped of its skin, like how the legendary mermaid got descaled.  

But I know in my heart that this isn’t the will of Heaven, it is life. I just couldn’t struggle free. Finally, I used all my strength to fling open my eyes. In darkness, I could only see Mo Shaoqian’s eyes. They were dark and focused. He didn’t seem to be staring at me, but more like he was closely examining someone unfamiliar.

Popular Posts

Understanding the final episode of Sealed with a Kiss

Character Guide to Nirvana in Fire 2: Wind Blows in Changlin

✿ Chinese Drama ✿ Sealed with a Kiss Miniseries Sequel

Ru Yi: The drama that brought Hawick Lau and Yang Mi together

Movie Rant: A Frozen Flower explores homosexuality versus heterosexuality themes