[Translation] Chaper 3(4) Sealed with a Kiss Novel

Dear SWAK novel readers,

I apologize for my laziness and lack of progress in the translation of SWAK novel. I haven't been able to find the motivation to resume my translation since I've been rather distracted with other things. Fortunately, a blog reader was extremely gracious to share with me her translation work of the SWAK novel. I am very thankful for her effort and can't express my gratitude enough for her generosity. Please applaud Woan Ting for her wonderful translation and leave a kind comment. I'm sure she'll appreciate it!


English translation by Woan Ting
Minor edits by JoleCole



千山暮雪 第二部分 千山暮雪 第三章(4

看台上不少本校女生连立场都歪了,情不自禁发出赞叹似的欢呼。

When I looked towards the audience, countless girls weren’t able to stand properly while sighing in their praises.

不过赛况一点也不激烈,最后以我方代表队惨败而告终,虽然我们也是一流的综合类大学,名下好几个理工类学院在全国排名也不算太差,但是跟隔壁学校实力强大的控制科学与工程专业的高材生们比机器人……还是算了吧。

The game was not very intense. The team representing our school lost out at the end. Even though our school is among the first-class universities in the country and many of our science and engineering departments are in the top national ranks, but how do we compare with the neighboring school‘s robotic geniuses majoring in science and engineering? Forget it.

虽败犹荣,我方领队的师兄还挺幽默地开玩笑:下次我们不比用机器人码双子塔,我们比用机器人做诗好了。在全场的哄笑声中,双方队员握手,合影。拉拉队一拥而上,劲歌热舞,偌大的场地里顿时热闹起来。悦莹拖着我直奔场中去近距离观察帅哥,我差点没被挤出一身汗来,看悦莹那劲头,不挤到慕振飞身边去誓不罢休。就在这个时候,隔壁学校一帮热血的男生已经把慕振飞抬起来,高高向空中抛去。在众人的欢呼与轰然的笑声中,我往后退了几步,试图远观这花团锦簇的场景。悦莹已经挤到了人群包围的核心,回头不见了我,她急得大叫:童雪!童雪!

After our glorious defeat, the captain of our school’s team humorously joked, “Let’s not write codes for the Twin Tower robots for the next competition. Let’s use robots to compose poems.”

This caused a burst of laughter in the audience, during which the opponents shook hands with each other before taking a group photo. The cheerleading team started to surround them and perform their stunts, and immediately the entire stadium heated up in jubilance. Yueying then started to drag me along to take a closer peek at those handsome guys, and nearly caused me to break out in sweats. 

Sensing her enthusiasm, I don’t think she would ever give up until she was able to stand next to Mu Zhenfei.  At this time, the neighboring school’s hot-blooded guys started to lift and toss Mu Zhenfei high up in the air. In the crowd of cheering and laughs, I stepped back a few steps in an attempt to view this magnificent spectacle. Yueying, who finally managed to squeeze into the core of the crowd, started to look for me since I was nowhere near her.  “Tong Xue! Tong Xue!”

她的声音很大,嘈杂的音乐声中我还是听到了。

Her voice was so loud that I even could hear her despite the loud music.

我在这儿呢!为了让她看到我,我一边大声答,一边蹦了起来。

“I’m here!” I jumped and shouted in order for her to see me.

我大意了,我太高了,我平常就高,我跳起来就更高了,正好一个黑黑的不明物体地朝这边撞飞过来。就跟颗子弹似的,我还没反应过来,那个东西已经直飞到面前,只听得一响,突如其来挨了这么一下子,我顿时滑倒在地,狠狠摔了一跤。

I was careless and I was also too tall. I was already rather tall standing upright; the fact that I was jumping made me even taller. Just then a black unidentified object “whoosh” towards me. Just like a bullet, the object flew straight towards me before I could react. All I heard was “pop” before I dropped on the ground.  The sharp pain was too sudden.

那个疼啊,幸好本能地闭了下眼,就这样那个不明物体还正巧砸在我眼皮上。疼得我两眼哗一下子热泪全涌出来了,模模糊糊什么也看不清。旁边已经有女生看我摔得狼狈,跑过来搀我。我抹了一把眼泪,挣扎着还想自己站起来,就听见那个女生尖叫:哎呀,流血了!

It hurt. But fortunately our basic instinct always tells us to close our eyes in the face of pending danger; thus the unidentified object only directly hit my eyelids. The pain caused tears to start gushing out, blurring my vision. The girls besides me rushed to my assistance and helped me up after seeing my embarrassing fall. I wiped the tears and tried to stand up on my own when I heard a girl scream: “Aiya, you’re bleeding!”

我左眼根本就睁不开了,右眼也不停地掉眼泪,隔着泪帘恍恍惚惚看到手上有一抹鲜红。我跟这学校真是八字不对盘,真的,自打进这校门我就三灾八难的不断,到今天还没完没了。我那些封建迷信的思想还没冒完,悦莹已经急匆匆扑过来直叫:童雪!童雪!那反应就跟八点档电视剧似的,急得只知道摇我了。我被她摇得七荤八素,还没等我缓过劲来骂她,人已经全围拢过来,七手八脚地搀起我来,这时候有个男生的嗓音响起来:快送医院!我背她!帮忙扶她一把!其实我只是伤了眼睛又不是伤到腿,但几个同学已经七手八脚把我扶上那男生的背。说实话我什么都看不见,两眼都有温热的液体正拼命地往外涌,滴滴答答落在那男生的脖子里,也不知道到底是眼泪还是血。我琢磨我是不是要瞎了,我要是真瞎了莫绍谦会不会终于要把我给甩了……

I couldn’t open my left eye at all and my right eye couldn't stop the tears.  In a blur, all I managed to see was a touch of scarlet red on my hand. The Eight Character of my birth time must clash with this school. Ever since I enrolled, disastrous things have been incessantly occurring  till this day. Before I could finish my superstitious thoughts, Yueying has already rushed towards me in a panic  “Tong Xue! Tong Xue!”

Her reaction was similar to those prime-time drama series.  All she knew how to do was to shake me in her anxiousness. I became dizzy because of her shaking. Before I could recover from the dizziness to reprimand her, people have already started to surround us and help me up clumsily.  Around the same time, a man started to shout “Quickly take her to the hospital! Help me carry her up!”

Actually, my eye was injured, not my legs. But these students have already clumsily carried me up onto the man’s back. To be honest, I couldn’t see at all.  Both eyes kept tearing up and the droplets started dripping down the man’s neck. I was not even sure whether they were tears or blood drops. I started to ponder whether I was going to be blind, and if I become blind, would Mo Shao Qian finally dump me…

这当头我还有精神胡思乱想,大约因为一路上泪眼花花,什么都看不清楚。但我知道已经出了篮球馆,路过逸夫楼、管院综合楼、友好樱园、金钱湖……一路上都是我最熟悉的校园,不用看我也知道。出了北二门就是我们学校医学院的附属第一医院了,背着我的那个男生步子非常快,但这一路全是上坡,我听到他已经在喘气。

At this moment, I was still in the mood to let my thoughts wonder off randomly. Probably because I had nothing better to do while I was being carried away and my eyes were filled with tears which caused my vision to blur [1].  

[1] I think she’s trying to say that her thoughts are wondering because she couldn’t see clearly anyway

However, I know we just walked past the basketball court, passed by the Yi Fu Building, the Management Building, Friendly Sakura Park, Money Lake… All of which were the most familiar places at school where I could navigate even without looking.

Once you exit the second northern gate is our medical school first affiliated hospital. The man was already panting by the time we reached our destination.  He had walked really fast with so many upward slopes on the way too.

我大概被颠得昏了头,或者是晕血的毛病又犯了,虽然看不到血,但呼吸里全是血的腥气。我头耷拉下来,有气无力。这男生的肩膀很宽,但并不夸张,不是那种肌肉鼓鼓的,我又想起了萧山,每当我要死不活的时候,我总是能想起他来。从前他在篮球场打球,我路过的时候,一堆打球的男生里面,我总是一眼就可以看到他,大汗淋漓,把背心都汗湿透了,露出的肩头很平,很宽。其实萧山从来没有背过我,就是很久很久以前有次做梦,梦到他背着我。梦里他背着我走在附中的那条林阴道上,天空全是碧绿的枝叶,叶底一蓬一蓬的马缨花,就像是淡粉色的丝绒,又像一小簇一小簇的焰火,开满在蓝天的底子上。

I became dizzy either due to the rough piggyback ride or due to my fear of blood. All I could smell was blood, although I couldn’t see anything. My head drooped down feebly.  This man has broad shoulders, but nothing too exaggerating, unlike the bulging shoulders that reminded me of Xiao Shan.

I always think about him during situation like this, whenever I’m badly injured. Every time I passed by the basketball court in the past, I could always locate him in a single glance, despite the fact he was hidden among a group of boys playing basketball.  He would always be sweating profusely and his jersey soaked in sweat with his exposed broad and flat shoulder blades. Xiao Shan never actually gave me piggyback ride.  

A long, long time ago, however, I dreamt of him carrying me on is back. In those dreams, he was walking along the school’s dim forested trails carrying me. The sky was covered with turquoise foliage, and underside of those leaves was filled with clumps of Lantana flowers, giving a look just like pink velvet or even a small cluster of fireworks.  The flowers blossomed beautifully under the blue sky.

Popular Posts

Understanding the final episode of Sealed with a Kiss

Character Guide to Nirvana in Fire 2: Wind Blows in Changlin

Ru Yi: The drama that brought Hawick Lau and Yang Mi together

✿ Chinese Drama ✿ Sealed with a Kiss Miniseries Sequel