False Alarm: Legend of Lu Zhen is not airing this month!

SORRY READERS!! After a public announcement on weibo yesterday saying Legend of Lu Zhen would be the next drama to get aired, Hunan TV decided to flush their professional integrity down the toilet and pull out Legend of Lu Zhen from their March time slot. Chinese netizens on Sina weibo are fuming mad. I am furious beyond words and just wanted to tear them to pieces for giving us false hope. Everything seems so finalized yesterday. The weekly schedule on the official website was even updated to reflect Legend of Lu Zhen's episode broadcast. Numerous articles were released today to confirm this broadcast. I just can't believe they have the audacity to make such last minute changes. From now on, I'm not going to trust any public announcement from Hunan TV until I see the series actually gets aired!! I don't to make the same mistake for the third time!

---------------------------OUTDATED-----------------------------
Right now I am absolutely ecstatic about the imminent broadcast of this TV series. It has been over a year since I first posted about it on March 18, 2012. I have been disappointed over and over again by false news of its release. It first got pushed from Summer of 2012, to October 2012, then December, January, and finally March. Now that it's tentatively designated to air this Sunday (March 17), I'm quite speechless!  I'm so happy I'm willing to kiss my dog (hence, the kissing photo of Lu Zhen and Gao Zhan. hehe)!

To reiterate and emphasize an important fact, this TV drama is NOT written by Yu Zheng. For those of you who were frightened away by the horrendous storytelling of Wallace Huo's Swordsman, don't be scared! The writer for Legend of Lu Zhen is a young woman named Zhang Wei 张巍. She is also an assistant professor at the Beijing Film Academy. You can check out her weibo here.

In the meantime, I'm going to prep myself to wake up early and watch it streaming live. Legend of Lu Zhen is slated to air every evening at 7:30 Beijing time, 3 episodes Sunday through Thursday, and 1 episode Friday and Saturday.

Newcomers, you can read all related posts on this series HERE.

Popular Posts

Understanding the final episode of Sealed with a Kiss

Character Guide to Nirvana in Fire 2: Wind Blows in Changlin

Ru Yi: The drama that brought Hawick Lau and Yang Mi together

✿ Chinese Drama ✿ Sealed with a Kiss Miniseries Sequel